Tuesday, November 11, 2014

In the midst

Real talk: Reality is hitting me. Honestly. The reality of my impending graduation , mixed with the ambiguity of my future is becoming pretty overwhelming for me. It's definitely revealing many fears that I've somehow managed to tuck away in the dark crevices of my heart. But, Jesus is definitely shining His light on them. Some of these fears I thought I had overcome, others I didn't even know existed!

Fear of failure
Fear of disappointing loved ones
Fear of not fulfilling my purpose
Fear of being stuck
Fear of living a life of mediocrity,  because I was too afraid to follow my passions.

Many of my blog posts are written "after the fact". After  learning the lesson. After overcoming the fear. After being encouraged. But not this one. I'm writing this one in the midst. In the midst of the fear, and tears, and fear. And that's okay. Because God is still good. So, what's the plan of action? 

  • Meditate on this truth from Psalm 37:3-7a:
    • 3Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. 4Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. 5Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. 
       6And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
       7Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him:
  •         Meditate on this truth from Prov 3:3-8
    • 3Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
       4So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
       5Trust in theLord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
       6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
       7Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.
       8It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

  • Pray 

  •  Work toward accomplishing the little goals that I have so far, (without becoming overwhelmed)

  •  Be diligent in looking into options for my future ( without becoming overwhelmed)

  • Give thanks, even in the midst, knowing that God has not forsaken me, and that He's faithful.

Be encouraged,


Diana


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts